Certificate IV in Christian Ministry & Theology
10433NAT Certificate IV in Christian Ministry and Theology is a nationally recognised course and equips men and women for effective ministry and service in their local church and outreach to the local community. Christian Ministry and Theology builds a foundation of Biblical teachings and principles for ministry coupled with practical application in the church and community.
There are nine units of competency in this course and you will develop the following skills and knowledge:
- You will develop research skills and learn Biblical principles through researching Scripture and theology.
- You will learn how to analyse and interpret Biblical principles within culture and contemporary environments.
- You will gain an understanding of doctrine and traditions through researching your own denomination’s context.
- You will develop your communication skills to communicate appropriately to those who you are in your care.
- You will develop your knowledge and skills to be equipped to minister to others in a spiritual context.
- You will develop your pastoral care/chaplaincy skills to support individuals and groups in the local community.
SAMPLE RESEARCH QUESTION
You are required to research a Christian tradition or practice. You may select one of the following traditions or practices:
Christmas Easter Water Baptism Communion
Refer to the Old and New Testament surveys and any further research you might require to respond to the following criteria:
- An overview of the Christian event or tradition
- A time frame and context of which the tradition or practice was established
- Research the ways this tradition is celebrated or practiced in different denominations and religions
- Outline your point of view and opinion of this tradition or practice.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY IN 10433NAT CERTIFICATE IV IN CHRISTIAN MINISTRY AND THEOLOGY
CMTTHE401A Discuss the nature of the Bible and present day Christian life and practice
CMTTHE402A Interpret Theological data
CMTTHE403A Investigate information within a theological theme or issue
CMTTHE404A Gain new personal revelation
CMTMIN401A Explore ideas about God in relation to the way we live as Christians
CMTMIN402A Communicates theological information
CHCGRP002 Plan and conduct group activities
CHCPAS002 Provide pastoral and spiritual care
CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
Occupational names may include:
- Small group Leadership
- Parish Workers
- Religious Education Instructors
Flexible commencement dates when enrolment process is completed.
Recommended time frame for completion 12 months to 18 months and is also dependent on level of existing skills and experience
Workshop and Workplace Training available based on student numbers in your area.
We are currently delivering 10433NAT Certificate IV in Christian Ministry and Theology course in the following states: NSW, Vic, Qld, SA, ACT (Please enquire if your state is not listed)
National Training Solutions have an understanding of the different learning styles and learning needs of our enrolled learners. We offer individual and group learner support classes to ensure that each learner gains the required knowledge and develops the essential skills to be assessed as competent in each unit of competency the learner is enrolled in.
The trainer assigned to the individual or group is accessible in person, phone, email, and via our online discussion blog. In addition each learner has the opportunity to discuss any learning barriers or challenges that may hinder the successful completion of the course and receive quality support to meet these barriers and challenges.
National Training Solutions offer a payment plan program to assist you to commence your training journey.
Payment Plan options include: Payment by cluster or payment can be individually negotiated on a fortnightly or monthly basis that suit your payment needs.